About Dr. Pol® Healthy Goat Alfalfa Recipe:
- Sole ration – complete feed with added vitamins and minerals
- Prebiotics and B vitamins support positive digestive function
- Ammonium chloride to help prevent urinary tract stones
- Added diatomaceous earth helps control parasitism when fed from clean, sanitary feeders with reduced pasturing
- Less food waste than mixed rations
- 40 Lbs. of extruded feed is equivalent to 50 Lbs. of pellets
- Made in the USA
Feeding Guidelines: Dr. Pol Healthy Goat Alfalfa Recipe is appropriate for growing and breeding goats as a complete feed or as a supplement with high quality hay and/or pasture. Kids that have not been fed high-energy grain rations must be gradually adapted from forage to this feed.
Growing Kids: Feed at the rate of 1% body weight per head per day and gradually increase to 3% body weight over the course of 3 weeks. Provide free-choice high quality forage until kids come onto feed, and then slowly reduce forage intake.
Breeding/Lactating Goats: Feed at the rate 1 to 3 pounds per head per day. Feed as the sole ration with limited forage.
Feed Dr. Pol Healthy Goat Alfalfa Recipe to goats that have been vaccinated for enterotoxemia. Provide access to salt and fresh, clean water at all times.